Hello there! Did you find yourself interested in our little corner of the internet? Fantastic! Below you will find a list of (ooc) guidelines that we over here at APOLOGUE have set into to place, but before we get into rules and regulations and all of that lovely stuff, please keep in mind that the owners and staff of this RPG have a collective online message board experience of… more years than we would care to admit. That’s not meant to illustrate that we’re all-knowing and superior and we know more than you, so there!
No, it’s to point out that we have been through the stages of being rigid douchebags and are, essentially, over it. We also like to make fun of ourselves and while being totally serious, are kind of taking the mickey as well.
Saying that, here are Apologue’s two cardinal rules.
- Be considerate of one another.
- Don’t be a douchebag.
Examples of being considerate:
- Not joining a thread with a couple of frequent posters when you can only post once every 3 weeks. We get the people have limited time (trust us, we get it) so don’t worry over what we’ll think. Play at your leisure and hopefully, you’ll find more time and a partner(s) that suit your posting needs.
- Letting people know if you’re going away for a little while.
- Giving us a nice, creative, and otherwise solid read when you post. We would only do the same for you.
Examples of being a douchebag:
- Giving your thread partner nothing to reply to. The post is sexy, solid, fantastic and creative! But… you’ve left no opener for me. Not to say I need the blatant: “your character bumps into my character” ploy… but if that’s the only option left, well. Get where I’m going with this?
- One-liners in reply. D: D: D:
- Joining 15 threads and only posting in two. I personally enforce the 3 threads per character limit upon myself. We don’t want to have to enforce this on others.
- I shouldn’t have to say this, but controlling characters without permission. Douchebaggy.
- Doing any or a combination of the above and other implicated circumstances.
Obviously, there are far more specific examples, but I hope the general idea of what’s written above serves to better measure one’s idea of a douchebag, or merely being considerate. With that out of the way, here are a few other things to note.
- Religion, politics, sexism, racism…keep it away from here. In-character, different story. A discussion elsewhere suited for that? Awesome. OOC and on my role-play board? No. Don’t even want to know.
- Apologue is rated mature. You must be 18 years of age to join this RPG, not for any particular reason other than board’s owners and staff are between the ages of 25-35 and yay, legal.
- Along those same lines – we don’t trust anyone who doesn’t say “fuck” at least once a day. A bit of inappropriateness is good for the soul. We love a good joke, sometimes rant and overall, do what (slightly immature) adults do. However, please refrain from posting overly sexual or violently explicit images/videos/stories. Chill out, have fun, but please keep it good-natured.
- Basically, don’t be a douchebag. This is a thing.
That’s it, really. Please don’t take the above flippancy as a negative – the staff here are all actually very friendly, silly and (oft) times immature. We just want to write and have a good laugh in a nice, casual environment. If that’s the type of RPG you’re looking for, we’re happy to have you!